Top Reasons to Get Braces as an Adult
Adults are increasingly choosing orthodontic treatment to improve their smiles and oral health. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Straighten your teeth and improve your bite: From crowded and misaligned teeth to other issues keeping your smile from looking its best, braces can help improve function, making it easier to chew, breathe, and speak.
- Health Benefits: Straight teeth are easier to clean, reducing the risk of cavities and gum disease. Also, a good bite also means less strain on your jaw muscles and joints.
- Confidence Boost: A straight, beautiful smile can do wonders for your self-esteem. You’ll feel more confident in social and professional settings, ready to flash your smile without hesitation.
- It’s Never Too Late: Teeth can be moved at any age, and it’s never too late to address issues that may have been bothering you since childhood.
Getting braces as an adult shows a great commitment to yourself and your health. Why wait to start feeling and looking better? Take the first step towards your new smile today!
What Types of Braces Are Available for Adults?
We’ve helped thousands achieve a healthy, confident smile over the years—many of them adults. We’ve had great success with these types of braces for adults:
- Damon Metal Braces: Damon metal braces have come a long way in terms of comfort and aesthetics. They’re a cost-effective option and great for correcting numerous orthodontic issues.
- Damon Ceramic Braces: Damon ceramic braces are like metal braces in function but use clear or tooth-colored brackets to blend with your natural teeth instead of metal. They’re less noticeable and offer an excellent balance of effectiveness and comfort.
- Clear Aligners (like Invisalign): While they’re not what we normally consider “braces,” these clear, removable “trays” are custom-made to fit over your teeth. They’re barely noticeable and can be removed for eating and cleaning. Clear aligners are popular with adults due to their convenience and aesthetic appeal.
Remember, the right type of braces for you will depend on your individual needs, lifestyle, and goals. We’ll help guide you toward the best choice for your unique smile!
Top 4 Benefits of Adult Braces
Opting for braces as an adult can bring about some truly amazing transformations, impacting not just your smile, but overall health and confidence, too. Here are some of the key benefits of adult braces:
- Improved Oral Health: Straight teeth are easier to clean, reducing the risk of plaque buildup, tooth decay, and gum disease. Correcting bite issues can also alleviate jaw pain and headaches.
- Enhanced Appearance: A straight, even smile can dramatically improve your facial aesthetics and contributes to a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
- Boosted Self-esteem: With a beautiful smile, you’re more likely to feel confident in social and professional situations. It can make you more willing to smile, laugh, and express yourself freely.
- Prevention of Dental Issues: By addressing orthodontic problems, you can prevent potential future complications, such as uneven wear of teeth, difficulties with chewing, and speech issues.
Getting braces as an adult isn’t just about aesthetics—it’s an investment in your health and happiness. So why wait? Begin your journey toward a healthier, more radiant smile today!
Cost of Adult Braces and Affordable Payment Options
While the cost can vary depending on the type of braces and the length and complexity of treatment, 3 factors can help make adult braces treatment even more affordable:
- Insurance: Many dental insurance plans provide coverage for orthodontic treatments, and because we accept most insurance plans, we’ll help you make the most of your benefits while reducing your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Financing Options: We offer flexible, in-office payment plans with 0% interest to make the cost more manageable.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA): If you have an FSA or HSA through your employer, it’s likely you can use these pre-tax dollars to help cover the cost of braces. It’s like saving money twice!
We see it all the time and can assure you that, for our patients, the benefits of a healthy & beautiful smile can be priceless! Contact our office for a more exact estimate to help you understand the available options to make braces affordable for you.
Book a Free Consultation for Damon Braces for Adults Near Chicago
Embarking on your journey to a healthier, more confident smile starts with a straightforward step—a free consultation! Discover how adult braces can transform your life at Hurley and Volkd Orthodontics. We invite you to take a look at some of the before and after braces results we’ve achieved. Your radiant smile is just one consultation away. Reach out to us today!
Adult Braces FAQs
At first, wearing braces might take time to get used to. You may find eating and speaking slightly different, but your mouth will quickly adapt. At work, it won’t impact your productivity or professionalism. If anything, your confidence in your improving smile can enhance your work life!
You’ll typically need to visit your orthodontist every 4 to 6 weeks. These regular check-ups allow your orthodontist to adjust your braces and monitor your progress. We also offer remote care convenience via the Smile Doctors Anywhere app, which also offers convenient appointment scheduling, direct messages with your orthodontist, and more, helping you to keep treatment on track from your phone.
Yes, it’s possible to get braces with dental implants, crowns, or even missing teeth. Your orthodontist will craft a personalized treatment plan to work with your unique situation.
Experiencing some discomfort is normal, especially after adjustments, but it will usually disappear in a few days. Over-the-counter pain relievers and orthodontic wax can help. For emergencies like a loose bracket or poking wire, contact our office for assistance—most issues are quickly resolved.